2012 Believe Walk - For the Cure

Yesterday we were blessed to be a part of the 2012 Believe Walk in Redlands, California.  This was the 5th Annual Walk presented by Stater Bros Markets, supporting Women of the Inland Empire Fighting Cancer.  Over 10,000 participants walked or ran in support of this Charity event.  Over $500,000 was raised.



My hubby and I posed for a quick photo before the event began.  



This is my wonderful husband Jim, with my beautiful daughter Britney (right) and her good friend Kasondra.


As the walk began pink and white tissue paper floated through the air and rained down on the streets.  It almost looked like snow falling.


We stopped to take pictures in front of the "save the ta-tas" mobile that was covered in decorated bras.



There were both a 5k and a 10k route for runners, walkers, strollers, wheelchairs and even pets.  My husband and I walked the 5k while our daughter and her good friend ran the 10k.  I was so busy taking pictures that I think the girls finished before we did :)

Redlands California is a historical town in Southern California.  It has many beautiful 100+ year old homes lining the streets near the downtown area.  As we walked the 5k there were so many beautiful bungalows, cottages, Colonial and Victorian homes everywhere I looked.  I especially loved the homes with wrap around front porches!



Here are a few pictures of some of the homes that I liked.




This beauty is being restored.  I look forward to seeing it next year after it is finished.


There were so many homes and porches that I could envision decorating for the holidays.  The next is one of my favorites!  


Hundreds of people, including cheerleaders, musicians, dancers, ballerinas and more lined the streets cheering us and all of the participants on.


This next picture is my absolute favorite picture from the entire day, these sweet little ballerinas were so precious!  They were passing out water bottles.  I love how the second girl from the right is holding the water above her head and dancing around.


I was so busy taking pictures while we were walking that the finish line came faster than I would have thought.  If my feet didn't hurt so much I could have walked around this beautiful neighborhood all day!



It was a beautiful day with perfect sunny California weather.  We were so blessed to have been a part of it!

Blessings,
Diana

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! My mother had breast cancer when I aws 14 (Im 27 now) and each year I participate to the best of my ability in helping Cancer research.

    Please also check out the Godiva facebook page, they have a really cool idea going, and are donating $50k!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana