One Year Blogiversary & Revisit Very First Post

Today is day 365 since I first started blogging and first started Anyone Can Decorate.  Happy Anniversary or should I say Blogiversary to me and ACD tomorrow... Woohoo!  I can't believe how fast this year has gone...  It seems to have flown by!

I thought it would be fun to revisit my very first blog post from day one of Anyone Can Decorate.  Since I didn't have any followers when I first started, most of you probably have never seen it.  So here it is, I hope you enjoy it :)

Baby Nursery - Under $500 Complete

This entire baby girls room was decorated for less than $500.  The crib and mattress were purchased new. The Bellini dresser/changing table was found at a garage sale for $60, to which I added furniture appliques and re-finished in an antique white.  The rocking chair was found at a vintage shop for $25 (it used to be a neon yellow).  I added the furniture appliques to the rocker then painted and distressed it.  The bedding set and mobile were purchased new from eBay.  The canopy I made with a half round piece of plywood and L-brackets, with sheer fabric and trim simply attached around the edging of the board with a staple gun. The chandelier was designed by me and assembled by my hubby.  The table lamp, wall shelves, bulletin board, wall hooks, wood organizer box and wall cherubs were all old vintage pieces from flea markets and garages sales that I refurbished/painted for the room. It is amazing to see how much can be done on a a limited tight budget.  We started with a completely empty room and when we were finished it looked like we had spent thousands.



The chandelier above is dripping with teardrop crystals and petite pink roses.  I designed it from scratch using a combination of both vintage and new lamp parts.  It is painted with Rustoleum satain spray paint in Heirloom White. My amazing hubby wired this beauty and hung it for me.  We added the ceiling medallion to add to the sweet cottage chic look.  We used silicone dipped light bulbs for a soft glow. The floral pillow on the rocking chair is from Target, from Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic line.  We later added a soft sage green, cream and rose colored area rug to the floor in front of the crib.
  
The bulletin memo board was made from a vintage frame, painted with the same Heirloom White spray paint, and has distressed edging.  I used a pretty pink floral girly fabric and lace ribbon in a criss crossing pattern across the front. This was an easy DIY project.  I had my hubby cut a piece of fiber board the size of the inner frame..  I added a layer of batting, wrapped the fabric around it and used a staple gun to fasten everything to the rear of the board.



Sweet Dreams Baby Girl !!!


So there you have it.  My first post as written 365 days ago.  The blogging community has been so supportive and loving.  Thank you all very much!  I have enjoyed getting to know many of you and I look forward to seeing what this next year brings.

Blessings,
Diana

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous nursery! Congratulations on your first anni/ blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erin! I appreciate your comment and apologize for not responding sooner :)

      Blessings,
      Diana

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous nursery! Congratulations on your first anni/ blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana